If you’ve ever dreamed about strolling on a glass skywalk, then you don’t need to spend a bomb to visit a foreign country to do so as Sikkim, the land of Buddhism, snow, and plush greenery has introduced the first-ever glass skywalk in India. This stunning skywalk is situated in Pelling. India’s first-ever glass skywalk.
Pelling is a gem of Sikkim and is famous for its majestic hill views. The Pelling Skywalk is India’s first glass-bottom Skywalk.
It is the connecting bridge for the giant Chenrezig statue which is located on a hilltop and depicts the compassion of Lord Buddha. The skywalk experience can give an amazing feel on the glass bottom. And take the views of the lush hills around.
The tourist got a chance to witness the stunning sight for the first time in 2018. This eye-catching destination has many things to offer. Reportedly, it is 3kms away from Pelling city. The activity is suitable for all age groups. The starting point of your tour from the hotel in Pelling.
Before you plan to visit, make sure you take care of their guidelines provided by the state government.
- Only domestic tourists and foreign nationals residing in India would be allowed into the state in the first phase.
- Tourists have been ‘advised’ to carry with them a certificate of COVID-negative test. The certificate must be obtained within 72 hours before the arrival within the state.
- It is mandatory for tourists to obtain a “Travel Card” by registering on the Sikkim Tourism Web Portal before traveling.
- Tourists would need to make sure that their travel in Sikkim is pre-booked with the accommodations complying with health and safety guidelines, also as travel agents or tour operators.
- The SOP has advised people over 65 years of age, under 10 years of age, and those suffering from comorbidities to avoid travel. If they need to travel, they ought to limit their movement, the SOPs state.
- All tourists would be required to hold protective gear, including face masks, shields, gloves, thermometers, and sanitizers at their own end.
- Tourists must also refrain from going into containment zones while traveling.
- The SOPs have further encouraged tourists to undertake digital transactions and limit the use of cash as far as possible.
✔ Best time to visit Pelling Skywalk
The best time to visit Pelling Skywalk would be from February to July. During this month the atmosphere is quite favorable. Also, make sure you book your stay in advance to avoid last-minute hassles.
✔ Skywalk Timings
The opening hours of Pelling Skywalk is from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM.
✔ Entry Fee
Indian Citizens – 20 INR
Foreigners – 50 INR
Can you ever imagine being India’s first glass skywalk the entry fee is cheap and affordable to most people? Agreed?
Interestingly, you’ll find many places to go to nearby the Pelling Skywalk. Also, make sure you have a look at these places too.
1. Sanga Choeling Monastery:
This monastery was built in 1642 & is one of the oldest monasteries in Sikkim. Interestingly, the route to the present monastery takes you thru the rich forest and hilly terrain.
Many prefer to reach Sanga Choeling Monastery by trekking because the route is one of the simplest routes for trekking. Inside the Sanga Choeling Monastery, you will find some Buddhist paintings, sculptures of Buddha, and many more. Interesting, right?
2. Khecheopalri Lake:
Lush green trees beautifully surrounded near lovely Pelling lake. Khecheopalri Lake may be a sanctum for Buddhists and Hindus.
Fishing and bathing aren’t allowed here as this place is taken into account to be a sanctum. You can also trek up to the hill for some great views.
3. Rabdentse Ruins:
The Archaeological Survey of India declared The Rabdentse Ruinsas National monument. And is one of the must-visit places in Pelling. This place is a blend of history and brilliant views.
Since the 17th century, this place came into existence. Love history? You can’t skip this place from your Pelling itinerary. This place is open for visitors from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
So, how was Pelling Skywalk? Amazing, right? Visit this place in Sikkim and obtainable to walk on the glass skywalk. Wondering how to plan your vacation?
Well, just ping me on Instagram I will help you out. Cool, huh? Now Quickly start planning your trips for a memorable vacation!!
Also, check my previous blog: Bang at the end of the year! Best places to visit this December |